Main Forum
Welcome to the forum!
Please note that you are browsing the forums as a guest and will not be able to vote on or post threads!

Feel free to join us or register using the Member Area to enable your account at RSAcraft.

Kind Regards
RSAcraft Team

Player Shops Idea

8 replies
Greetings,

I've noted there are a lot of player shops through out the world, which isn't great for a shops business as players might have trouble finding your shop.

I'd like to put three options forward to you as the shop owner with a brief description.

Option A: Mall

A prebuilt multistory building with allocated shop space for each player. (Each space allocation is equal in size)

Option B: Market Place

Independent stores/shops which will be allocated for each player, the player will have to construct their own shops.

Downside is that the area might be large and buyers may have to run for a while to reach every shop

Option C: Nothing (Leave as is)

Leave our shops alone!1!!! >:(

Any feedback, options or suggestions are welcome.

Kind regards,
TG
Option A: Mall
7 votes
46.7%
Option B: Market Place
7 votes
46.7%
Option C: Nothing (Leave as is)
1 vote
6.7%
Number of voters: 15
Poll is closed
Posted Mar 27, 18 · OP
Undo
RSA Credits:
+100
Upvoted!
LEVEL 1
I think a mall would be great. Just like the old playershops, there was a wide variety of shops, each with it's own design and idea.
Posted Mar 27, 18
Undo
RSA Credits:
+250
I think the problem is, is that a lot of players have already created shops and to move and redo everything would be really difficult. So maybe what could be done is that shop owners can open up a warp for their shop so players can warp to different shops around the world. Alternatively, if warps are problematic, in spawn someone could set up some sign/water portals/teleporters where clicking them/going into them will teleport you to the designated shop. That way players can get a full list of shops, a short description written by the shop owner, and choose which one to visit. Would save time for players who may not want to run long distances and would mean players with long standing shops don't need to move or change anything.
Posted Apr 6, 18
RSA Credits:
+730
Donator
Shops are great and all but I would way rather if the /ah was the primary market place
Posted Apr 9, 18
Greetings,

Sorry for the delayed responses, I was absent from my pc for some time.

@_Skydiver, it is not a bad idea, however creating and maintaining the warp list would be a mammoth task in its own. Another issue with creating a warp for players is that it allows all players access to said players claim, which could cause it's own set of headaches.

@LemmyWinX a great idea in it's own right as well, however maintaining something like that would intensive as well.

Kind regards,
TG
image.png
Posted Apr 9, 18 · OP
RSA Credits:
+730
Donator
Apologies for not understanding but what exactly would go in to maintaining the /ah as the primary market place?
Posted Apr 12, 18
Example: 20 are selling 20 stacks of cobble each, which is 400 stacks on the AH. (This is excluding the countless items people tend to sell which would increase this number greatly)

Paging through the countless windows would be a nightmare to find what you are looking for, the seller would have to relist every stack as things expire on AH.

AH is great for single items, but falls short when you incorporate large quantities of numerous items
image.png
Posted Apr 13, 18 · OP
RSA Credits:
+730
Donator
I see what you mean, it would only with a large economy/player base.

But I'm sure your plugin devs could handle a search function ;)
Although it would probably be easier to write an ah plugin from the ground up then to hook a search function into a pre-existing one, to which building shops would probably be the easier option anyway xD
Posted Apr 15, 18
RSA Credits:
+730
Donator
But a way around the multiple of the same item at different prices problem can be dealt with the same way the steam market does it.
Just need an extra window in the /ah.

The initial window will show all items listed on the AH(Just unique items).
When you click an item it will open a separate window showing the submissions of just that item sorted by price (or price per item if a stack is listed).
That will reduce the amount of clutter on the main window by a fair amount.

I saw you have plugin devs on your discord server but not sure on their availability etc, but I think I've just found myself a new project :p
Posted Apr 15, 18
NoticeNotices