Main Forum
Welcome to the forum!
Please note that you are browsing the forums as a guest and will not be able to vote on or post threads!

Feel free to join us or register using the Member Area to enable your account at RSAcraft.

Kind Regards
RSAcraft Team

Guide Mob Cap Explained

5 replies
Good morning,

Below is some clarity on the mob cap limit and spawners. (Please note that this applies to SkyBlock* & factions as well.)

What is the mob cap?

As the current rules state, the current cap for mobs is 20 per type. These include, but are not limited to, villagers, cows, sheep, pigs, chickens, Iron Golems and all hostile mobs spawned in by a spawner.

In other words, you may have 20 cows, 20 villagers, 20 chickens etc.

Why is there a mob cap?

The mob cap is in place to ensure a lag free experience for all players of RSACraft.

The natural spawn rate is effected by the amount of mobs on the server. Foe example, if the allocated entity amount is 500, and a player has 489 chickens, this only allows 11 slots for hostile mobs to spawn in spread across all players on the server at the time.

This is why more hostile mobs spawn in when the server is quiet in terms of player count.

What happens if I go over the limit?

You will be warned to reduce the amount of mobs or kicked if you are AFK. (This includes mobs from spawners.)

If you repeatedly fail to heed the warnings, one or more of the below actions may occur:
  • The mobs will be killed by staff
  • The spawners might be broken by staff to reduce the amount of mobs spawning in (Without reimbursement)
  • You may be kicked to allow the mobs to despawn (If applicable)
  • You may be temporally suspended from the server (Repeat offenders)

What about SkyBlock*?

The same limits apply to SkyBlock, however an exception is made in terms of sheep which has a limit of 30.

How can I make sure I don't exceed the limit?

• Ensure your grinder has a kill pit. (This applies to neutral mobs as well, chickens, cows etc.)
  • Never AFK near spawners
  • Use a drop kill system to farm items from spawner mobs as an easy solution
  • Use enderman farms in the end to farm xp and cash. (Spawner mobs do not provide money)

Do item frames effect this limit?

Currently item frames do not have an impact on server performance.

Our aim is to provide a lag free and pleasant experience for all members of RSAcraft. You cooperation is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
TG
image.png
Posted Oct 17, 16 · OP · Last edited Oct 22, 16
Undo
RSA Credits:
+700
Upvoted!
LEVEL 1
Donator
I guess this mob cap does not apply to factions? I did /rules and only saw three rules :p
MCNT_5a8bee2a4dda1_2.png
Posted Oct 17, 16
I guess this mob cap does not apply to factions? I did /rules and only saw three rules :p

Updated.
image.png
Posted Oct 17, 16 · OP
Undo
RSA Credits:
+200
Upvoted!
LEVEL 1
Donator
thank you thorne this will help lift some stress off of the mods if everyone works together we can do great things :-)
Posted Oct 17, 16
Undo
RSA Credits:
+1,150
Favored Opinions
LEVEL 2
Donator
Does the /rules apply to members/mods/admins alike?
Posted Oct 18, 16
RSA Credits:
+2,055
Trusted Poster
LEVEL 3
Donator
Yes UmpaLumpa.
Posted Oct 18, 16
NoticeNotices