Main Forum
Welcome to the forum!
Please note that you are browsing the forums as a guest and will not be able to vote on or post threads!

Feel free to join us or register using the Member Area to enable your account at RSAcraft.

Kind Regards
RSAcraft Team

Guide Optifine installation and settings

4 replies
RSA Credits:
+310
Upvoted!
LEVEL 1
Donator
Guide on installing Optifine on MC 1.12

Since the server update many have been having problems with framerate issues, getting a lot less then they use to. Most of you should already know what Optifine is. This guide is for those that do not have it installed yet, or those that gets a error every time they try.

Optifine is in itself a "mod" for minecraft, which adds various tweaks, which allow for a wider variety of video settings, better Optimization, faster rendering and for those with Good PC's the option to install shaders. Optifine should help those that are getting low fps since server update. Although be aware it is not a Miracle mod, It will give a large fps boost to some, but those with very old hardware or low system specs wont perhaps see a major improvement. Those who are still using hardware or laptops from many moons ago should consider a upgrade perhaps.

There are Two Options to install it, the first way usually ONLY WORKS for Legit Minecraft Owners, as it causes errors on installation with most cracked accounts.

If you are a cracked user, use option B

Option A

1. Download optifine from here (+-2MB): https://optifine.net/downloads
download the latest 1.12 version, I say 1.12

2. After file downloads, simply double click the downloaded jar file it and it should open, asking to install or extract to your MC directory. Select Install. (if you receive a error or any problems up to this point do Option B)

3. After optifine is successfully installed open your MC launcher. Under the Profile option (bottom left corner) select the new profile called Optifine and press start. There might be a small download but nothing big. (if you receive any problems starting, do option B)

4. If you arrive at the Title screen. Congratulations you have successfully installed optifine.

Tips on Video settings and other tweaks will be near bottom of post.

Option B

Option B involves downloading a Launcher, The launcher is called Tlauncher which is my favorite cracked launcher. It also supports Premium account login and ely.by skin accounts. The great thing about this launcher it can automatically install Optifine and Forge at the click of a button (and minecraft if you don't have it yet ).

1. Download Tlauncher (2.5MB) : http://en-minecraft.org/programs/1-launcher.html
Its the download link on the right at the topmost link. NOT the one with the Play button. xD

2. Cut and Paste Tlauncher into your minecraft Directory.
Default Directory- Click the start button and type in %appdata% then hit enter, the window that pops up should have .minecraft folder at the top. Open that and paste in Tlauncher. I would suggest you create a shortcut for it as to easier access it.

3.Run it as admin
After a brief library check, it should open. The design is pretty easy to figure out enter your username in the left corner and select version there as well.

4. Under the version drop-down menu select Optifine 1.12 and click the large Install button. Wait a bit and it should load up without a hitch.

****Update****
If you have any problems with the launcher, I see they have a new one out: https://tlauncher.org/download/14
Have not tried it myself though.

That should do it for installing optifine. If you get any errors, feel free to message me or even better is if you catch me online in MC. Which usually means I am on TS3.

On to the various settings optifine added. I will not be listing every new settings as it is quite a hefty list.

First off its the original settings, render distance, overall graphics quality. stuff like that.

The following settings will be for optimal fps boost:

Graphics: Fast

Render Distance: anything from 2-8 (depending on PC strength)

Smooth Lighting: Off

Max Framerate: Unlimited, 30, or 60, (user preference)

Use VBO: On

Fog:Off

Next options can be found after clicking the Quality button

Mipmap levels: 2 just to be safe.

Mipmap type: Nearest

Anisotropic Filtering: Off

Antialiasing: Off

Clear Water: off

Dynamic Lights: Fast or off. (pretty cool feature, adds light effect to items. e.g merely holding a torch lights up the area)

Next options can be found after clicking the Detail button

Clouds: Fast or Off

Rain & Snow: Fast or Off

Entity Shadows: Off

Vignette: Off

Next options can be found after clicking the Performance button

Smooth FPS: On

Smooth World: On (makes no difference in Multiplayer)

Fast Render: On (may cause render glitches now and then, nothing to bad though :p )

Fast Maths: On

Chunk Updates: 1

Dynamic Updates: Off

Lazy Chunk Loading: On (yet again, no effect in Multiplayer)

Next options can be found after clicking the Animation button

Portal Particles: Off (less Gold Farm Lag)

Rain Splash: Off

Fireworks Particles: Off (Less Paintball Lag)

The settings above is merely my own mix between best optimized speed and enough visual effect for it to be enjoyable. You can try your own mix and match of settings to get the best for your own system.

Increasing RAM Allocation

Firstly please make sure you have the Correct Java Installed for your system. x32 should have x32 java and a x64 system should have x64 java.

Tlauncher Users
Tlauncher users have it easy, merely open Tlauncher and click the settings button in the right hand corner. There should be a slider to allocate RAM, set it to what you want, press save and run the game.

Vanilla Launcher Users
Open your Minecraft Launcher and select the version you use, be it optifine or another. Then click the Edit Profile button. Next up the bottom option should have a unchecked box called JVM Arguments. Firstly Check it. Now add "-Xmx6G -xms6G" to the front of the line, where 6G is the amount of RAM you would like to allocate. E.g 4GB for 4 Gigabyte.
RAM can also be given in MB by using "-Xmx2048M -xms2048M".

That is it for the Guide. Hope it helps some of you. This is my first Thread/Guide, so any feedback would be appreciated. If you have any questions or problems. Feel free to message me on site, Ingame, or catch me on TS.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Posted Sep 1, 16 · OP · Last edited Jan 1, 18
Undo
RSA Credits:
+175
Trusted Poster
LEVEL 3
Donator
Staff
option B worked like a charm for me as i was having issues installing optifine cause of a java error, thanks man
Posted Sep 1, 16
Undo
RSA Credits:
+310
Upvoted!
LEVEL 1
Donator
Really happy it worked for you :d

Did you at least get a nice fps boost from it?
Posted Sep 1, 16 · OP
Undo
RSA Credits:
+175
Trusted Poster
LEVEL 3
Donator
Staff
i did indeed, about 15fps extra on average it seems
Posted Sep 2, 16
Undo
Definitely gonna try this out tonight when I am home, thank you midnight, pretty detailed post. Awesome
Posted Oct 15, 16
NoticeNotices