Main Forum
Welcome to the forum!
Please note that you are browsing the forums as a guest and will not be able to vote on or post threads!

Feel free to join us or register using the Member Area to enable your account at RSAcraft.

Kind Regards
RSAcraft Team

Guide Lagging? Try this

2 replies
Greetings,

If your're experiencing lag try the below.

How to allocate more memory for Minecraft:

Normally Minecraft works fine with its defualt RAM, but if you allocate more memory, you can increase performance and minimize fps lag.

Please note: Resource packs require higher than default values and can cause lag. (i.e x128 and above)

What do I have to do?
  1. Download and execute the new launcher
  2. In the section "Profile Selection" click on "Edit Profile"
  3. Under "Java Settings (Advanced), check the "JVM Arguments" box and add/edit into the text area this argument:

-Xmx2048M -Xms2048M

-OR-

-Xmx2G-Xms2G

Notice: You can't give Minecraft more Ram than you have! Else you will recieve an Error!

4. Save this profile and execute Minecraft.

Example Minecraft launcher profile configuration.
    prs2lfz6.jpg

How much RAM do I have?
To see how much RAM is free, open the Task Manager and change to the Performance Tab. Look how much Physical Memory is available / free.

TL;DR
Here's a video to help you out if you get stuck.

Kind regards,
TG
image.png
Posted Mar 26, 16 · OP · Last edited Oct 15, 16
RSA Credits:
+970
Upvoted!
LEVEL 1
Donator
Very helpful, also try and disable V Sync in the settings as it can be demanding aswell.
Some people never go crazy, what terrible lives they must lead.
Posted Mar 26, 16
RSA Credits:
+150
Donator
Just a suggestion, do not make your -Xmx the full amount of memory as windows require at least 1Gb to function. I have 16Gb RAM but I run as follows: -Xmx6G -Xms4G and that is more than enough. For those with lower spec ie 4G RAM -Xmx2G -Xms1G will be sufficient most non Gaming PC's run on board graphics and uses the same memory you trying to allocate to the game. Just take that into consideration.

Happy Gaming
Posted Apr 6, 16
NoticeNotices