Main Forum
Welcome to the forum!
Please note that you are browsing the forums as a guest and will not be able to vote on or post threads!

Feel free to join us or register using the Member Area to enable your account at RSAcraft.

Kind Regards
RSAcraft Team

Installation with Mods help

3 replies
RSA Credits:
+100
Upvoted!
LEVEL 1
Hi

New here. Hoping someone can assist me. I bought Minecraft Windows 10 Edition for my kid (5 years old). He likes it but I noticed there's a lot of mods out for Minecraft like trains which he loves. But I think I might have bought the wrong version? Windows 10 edition is C++ and not java.

I heard that I might be able to the Windows Login details for the java version of the game. Not sure if that will work. Also, where can I get the correct version of Minecraft in order to use these mods?

Thanks in advance
Posted Feb 27, 17 · OP
RSA Credits:
+450
Upvoted!
LEVEL 1
Donator
Hey there,

I do not know much about Windows 10 Minecraft, but the minecraft you are looking for (The most popular pc version) can be found at https://minecraft.net/

As for using Win 10 Minecraft to log into normal Minecraft, I don't think you are able to, I know that if you already have a normal minecraft account, you are able to redeem a free version of the Win 10 Minecraft.

It may be worth your time trying to contact Xbox/Microsoft and asking for a refund due to your situation.

This is what I found after a little research:
"I paid for a copy of the game before realizing I could have gotten it for free. What do I do now?

If you already own Minecraft on PC or Mac and you purchased the Windows 10 version, contact Xbox Support."

Best of luck,
Chris
Posted Feb 27, 17
RSA Credits:
+100
Upvoted!
LEVEL 1
Cool thanks a lot
Posted Feb 27, 17 · OP
RSA Credits:
+100
Upvoted!
LEVEL 1
Just to let you know. Microsoft did give me a refund and I bought it from minecraft.net

Now to get it to work lol
Posted Feb 27, 17 · OP
Undo
NoticeNotices