Main Forum
Welcome to the forum!
Please note that you are browsing the forums as a guest and will not be able to vote on or post threads!

Feel free to join us or register using the Member Area to enable your account at RSAcraft.

Kind Regards
RSAcraft Team

Internet Bomb! [ Help ]

3 replies
RSA Credits:
+250
Upvoted!
LEVEL 1
Okay!
So i can't play games on my internet...

When i download: (Only sometimes - Minimal amount of times) My internet will go off...

But when i Game: I always get kicked before i can play or connect to server... I have tried from small to big-ish games...

Any Advice??
I have a NETGEAR router and i am connected through Wifi..
Posted Feb 22, 17 · OP
RSA Credits:
+450
Upvoted!
LEVEL 1
Donator
If you have an uncapped line, it is possible that you are being throttled. In that case it should come right next month.

Have you tried turning off your router for a while?

If you are still having problems I would recommend contacting your service provider and querying whether they are experiencing any issues, or if they can see why your line isn't working properly.

Good luck
-Chris
Posted Feb 22, 17
Undo
RSA Credits:
+700
Favored Opinions
LEVEL 2
Donator
Howdy Jack_151

I once had the same problem. I ended up phoning my service provider, which is telkom. Upon investigating, the telkom technician discovered that some or other gadget on the exchange pole at the back of my property was damaged by lightning. That was causing my interwebs to be slow and occasionally disconnect. Especially when i tried to connect to servers.

But having shared that, Chris might still be right in the sense that if you download a lot of data, even with uncapped, you may be throttled. These scaly service providers do that once you reach a certain cap amount. In some extreme cases subscribers to their service even get the old "You're downloading too much" email.

Good advice from Chris. Reset your router and if that does not help phone your service provider. Let them reset and test your line. If the issue still persists then they have to dispatch a technician to come to your property to investigate.

Regards
Mad to the Maximus 500
Posted Feb 22, 17
Undo
RSA Credits:
+250
Upvoted!
LEVEL 1
Hey guys!
Much appreciated.
I have indeed restart my router multiple times...

I think i found out why...
I believe the problem comes from the firewall on the Netgear router... which Blocks any inbound traffic...
which when i try to bypass i shut down all wifi throughout the house which isnt ideal ( Even for pc connected through wifi )..

But MUCH appreciated for all help!!!
Posted Feb 24, 17 · OP
Undo
NoticeNotices