Main Forum
Welcome to the forum!
Please note that you are browsing the forums as a guest and will not be able to vote on or post threads!

Feel free to join us or register using the Member Area to enable your account at RSAcraft.

Kind Regards
RSAcraft Team
Page
of 2

Suggestion [ Suggestion ] Survival Extended Day / Night Cycle

11 replies
RSA Credits:
+2,460
Trusted Poster
LEVEL 3
Owner
Staff
Hi Everyone!

We would like to hear what everyone thinks of increasing the day / night cycle time in Survival.
There were some idea's discussed last night between ourselves and some members, the general focus being on the duration of night and day.

A real time scenario was thrown off the table, as most of you will only play in dark hours.
Currently 1 day IRL = 72 days in minecraft, we would like to reduce that to 12 days.
This would essentially mean that there would be 1 hour of day, and 1 hour of night.

What benefit would this bring?
The response to this idea has been great so far, for many different reasons, however how it will benefit you is really up to you.
The dynamic it will bring, as an example, is lots more mobs that stay for way longer.
Also, players might unanimously feel the need to sleep now!

We have not seen any negative feedback regarding the idea, so we are giving you the opportunity to vote and discuss some ideas.
Thanks for reading!

Kind Regards
Noise
Yes, 2 Hour Days
23 votes
79.3%
No, 20 Minute Days
6 votes
20.7%
Number of voters: 29
Poll is closed
-== It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it ==-
Posted Aug 30, 16 · OP
Undo
RSA Credits:
+100
Upvoted!
LEVEL 1
Great idea, I'm one of those crazies who explore day or night.

My builds are walled, lit, and generally mob proof.
Having an hour to secure a perimeter is far more reasonable against 20 minutes.
Posted Sep 1, 16
Undo
OK so...love the extended day and nights but, everytime when its night, the game starts lagging like crazy. block lagg, mob lagg... well thinking that the longer nights is causing mob overload. i try to shoot the mobs, but struggle because of the lagg. i end up shooting myself. weird right!
Posted Sep 3, 16
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices