Main Forum
Welcome to the forum!
Please note that you are browsing the forums as a guest and will not be able to vote on or post threads!

Feel free to join us or register using the Member Area to enable your account at RSAcraft.

Kind Regards
RSAcraft Team

Future Planning / Features and the upcoming resets

8 replies
RSA Credits:
+2,470
Trusted Poster
LEVEL 3
Owner
Donator
Staff
Hi everyone!

We have some great, and a little bit of bad news.
Firstly I would like to do a little write up of RSAcraft, where it came from and how we got to where we are now!

RSAcraft started out as a family / friend vpn lan server in November 2014 running on my pc, hosted with a somewhat predictable 2mbps 3G and 1GB Ram.
Some of the builds from the early days can still be found: NickyB's Magic Forest House, Nevermore's random region posts and slave camp, Panzer's clay house etc.

We started out playing with around 3 plugins loaded on the server, all default configs and no idea how it really works.
The idea of having random players join was an exciting concept, but with limited resources and knowledge this plan was put on hold.
By the end of July 2015 we had acquired an acceptable hosting solution, a self managed server provisioned with enough capacity for backups and a total of 4GB usable ram xD.

By this time we had won and lost battles with the various plugins, there was only one thing left to do for us.
That is how RSAcraft was born.

Soon enough we learnt some very valuable lessons in server scalability, and thanks to the donations we have received it was possible to get the server on a platform where everything from connectivity, expansion to power backup is on fully redundant systems.
RSAcraft has definitely grown beyond our expectations very quickly, and as such many of us have had to adapt and many changes have to be made to make future growth possible.

It is our goal to make RSAcraft the best place to play our favorite game with our awesome community, and this is a sustainable goal going forward with all the thanks to every single one of you.
Every vote, referring a friend, every staff member and donation adds to the contributions we need to move forward!

As mentioned above, some changes will need to be made in the server's structure going forward!
Choose Great news or Bad news in your preferred order, but please read both xD

Great News
Spoiler: Show

Bad News

Currently there will be 8 gamemodes:
  • Survival ( Hardcore survival , pvp areas , mob arenas ( Future Addition ) , all the current features and many more ) ( Gamemode Ready )
    • Creative ( Bigger plots , World Edit features ( Future Addition ) ) ( Gamemode Ready )
      • Skyblock ( More features like a GUI shop , better management ) ( Gamemode Ready )
        • Factions ( Hardcore survival with pvp everywhere , more features than current ) ( Gamemode Ready )
          • Prison ( Missions , Rank Ups , Crates , Custom Enchants , Player Vaults , Safe Mines: non pvp , Open World Mining: pvp ) ( Launch Is Delayed )
            • Paintball ( Lots of arenas , Arena voting , TDM , CTF , Elimination , Kits , Killstreaks , Stats ) ( Launch Is Delayed )
              • RFTB ( A parkour style game where one player is chosen as the beast and you must escape death or kill the beast ) ( Launch Is Delayed )
                • Hide And Seek ( More arenas and blocks to disguise as ) ( Launch Is Delayed )
More game modes planned for the future!

Schedule:
The move is scheduled for Sunday, 31 July 2016, between 08:00 - 11:30
This day marks RSAcraft's 1 year anniversary!
During this time the server might restart many times.
An update will be made here once all systems are stable.

If you have any questions feel free to post below or msg us!
Updates will be posted below up until the reset date.

Kind Regards
Noise

Update 26/06/2016

Update 23/07/2016

Update 31/07/2016

RSAcraft has been successfully redesigned and new gamemodes added!
RFTB / Prison / Hide & Seek will be available soon
-== It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it ==-
Posted Jun 18, 16 · OP · Last edited Oct 15, 16
Undo
RSA Credits:
+34,260
Trusted Poster
LEVEL 3
Donator
Can't wait and well done on an awesome server.
Posted Jun 18, 16
Undo
RSA Credits:
+2,110
Trusted Poster
LEVEL 3
I cannot wait for this Noise. you really are doing amazing job for us to have one amazing experience!!! :d
Meow meow... :3
Kitty is love. Yuno is life ♥

All hail Queen Kittylele.
Posted Jun 19, 16
Undo
I agree with Kitty wow its gonna be amazing and im super excited and cant wait for 31 july. Thanks Noise :3
Words are real things - they can lift you up or knock you down
Posted Jun 19, 16
Undo
RSA Credits:
+215
Upvoted!
LEVEL 1
Staff
This is great news, I look forward to these changes and the future of RSA Craft :)

Many thanks
Posted Jun 20, 16
Undo
RSA Credits:
+2,055
Trusted Poster
LEVEL 3
Donator
Whooo! Skyblock!! I challenge everyone to start playing skyblock !

Thank you for doing this Noise! I have been so excited!

Happy Anniversary RSAcraft :)
Posted Jun 21, 16
Undo
RSA Credits:
+300
Upvoted!
LEVEL 1
Admin
Staff
Awesome :d :d really can't wait for this huge step to take place...this is going to change RSAcraft for the better forever!!

Thanks Noise, you champion! ;)
::::::: Fear the old man in the business where young men die :::::::
Posted Jun 22, 16
Undo
RSA Credits:
+25
Upvoted!
LEVEL 1
For all intensive purposes time suddenly went past by 20 days and the new server is up *everyone cheers and parties*

Can't wait for the new server where all will be well and everyone will be filled with love and laughter.

Hope everything goes well
1549668.main_image.jpg
Posted Jul 11, 16
Undo
RSA Credits:
+215
Upvoted!
LEVEL 1
Staff
Hey Noise, any chance you can provide us with then new Skyblock plugin details... I would like to read up on it so long :)
Posted Jul 22, 16 · Last edited Jul 30, 16
NoticeNotices