As most of you know, since the 1.9 update there has been a dramatic increase in lag spikes.
This is not due to the server itself, it was a bug in the Spigot server file related to loading chunks.
Last night we updated Spigot with plenty of patches including the chunk loading fix, and the lag spikes have basically disappeared.
There is however still some issues when the world is saving occasionally, but normally these spikes last no longer than 30 seconds.
Many of you are asking what changed and why, so I will list the few changes we made:
1. Reduced mob spawning rate by 50% ( Mobs will now try to spawn once every 40 seconds )
2. Reduced mob activation range by 25% ( You need to be slightly closer to activate the mobs now )
3. Rubberbanding threshold was increased ( This basically eliminated the issue where you tp back to where you came from )
4. The tick rate for mobs were reduced slightly
5. Hoppers transfer slightly faster
6. Ground item visibility range increased by 33% ( You can now see ground items from further away )
7. Player visibility range increased by 33% ( You can now see players from further away )
Things are looking positive going forward as more of the plugins are getting updated, and 1.9's bugs are getting worked through by the awesome developers.
We will update this post with future progress.
Please note that you are browsing the forums as a guest and will not be able to vote on or post threads!
Feel free to join us or register using the Member Area to enable your account at RSAcraft.