Main Forum
Welcome to the forum!
Please note that you are browsing the forums as a guest and will not be able to vote on or post threads!

Feel free to join us or register using the Member Area to enable your account at RSAcraft.

Kind Regards
RSAcraft Team

News Server Issues And Repair Progress

8 replies
RSA Credits:
+2,470
Trusted Poster
LEVEL 3
Owner
Donator
Staff
Hi Everyone!

As most of you know, since the 1.9 update there has been a dramatic increase in lag spikes.
This is not due to the server itself, it was a bug in the Spigot server file related to loading chunks.

Last night we updated Spigot with plenty of patches including the chunk loading fix, and the lag spikes have basically disappeared.
There is however still some issues when the world is saving occasionally, but normally these spikes last no longer than 30 seconds.

Many of you are asking what changed and why, so I will list the few changes we made:

1. Reduced mob spawning rate by 50% ( Mobs will now try to spawn once every 40 seconds )
2. Reduced mob activation range by 25% ( You need to be slightly closer to activate the mobs now )
3. Rubberbanding threshold was increased ( This basically eliminated the issue where you tp back to where you came from )
4. The tick rate for mobs were reduced slightly
5. Hoppers transfer slightly faster
6. Ground item visibility range increased by 33% ( You can now see ground items from further away )
7. Player visibility range increased by 33% ( You can now see players from further away )

Things are looking positive going forward as more of the plugins are getting updated, and 1.9's bugs are getting worked through by the awesome developers.
We will update this post with future progress.

Kind Regards
Noise
-== It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it ==-
Posted Mar 25, 16 · OP
OP - AshCraft
RSA Credits:
+260
Trusted Poster
LEVEL 3
Donator
Thanks for updating us :geek:
image.png
Posted Mar 25, 16
RSA Credits:
+100
Upvoted!
LEVEL 1
As of the 26/03/2016 I have noticed the server has been very slow. This is not a personal issue as other members of the RSAcraft server have been complaining.

There are roughly 5 of us online currently and trying to open a chest in an area I've been in for 15 minutes takes at least 10 seconds.
Moving around to my different /homes is unbearable as the chunks are reloading from scratch every single time i teleport. This means I have to sit and wait a few minutes before I can do anything.

This server has had its lag issues but not quite to this extent. Its consistent lag currently and not just spikes.
Posted Mar 26, 16
OP - AshCraft
RSA Credits:
+260
Trusted Poster
LEVEL 3
Donator
What is the entity count in said areas? (It can be seen via F3)

I've been tp'ing around earlier today without any slow performance, it might be a high entity count that is causing the lag. Seems to be localized if its only certain players... Just brain storming...
image.png
Posted Mar 26, 16 · Last edited Mar 26, 16
RSA Credits:
+100
Upvoted!
LEVEL 1
I've been logging in and out. Checking my personal connection etc. etc. However the one area is at 20 and the other at 25.
Posted Mar 26, 16
RSA Credits:
+100
I must say that the server is running much smoother now. I only found that my hoppers stop working and then I have to break them down and rebuild it.

I want to build a huge store room with an automated sorting system but with this problem I don't see the point, because to break and rebuild over 2000 hoppers each time is not going to be fun.

Regarding the lag, I found that the most lag is where a lot of mobs are present like at the forest warp where my main home is.
Posted Mar 27, 16
OP - AshCraft
RSA Credits:
+260
Trusted Poster
LEVEL 3
Donator
Hey X_Rader,

I took a trip to the forest warp, seems like there's a build with a lot of entities (165) and a lot of redstone.

This could be causing local client lag.

How much RAM are you currently running with?
image.png
Posted Mar 27, 16 · Last edited Mar 27, 16
RSA Credits:
+970
Upvoted!
LEVEL 1
Donator
Hey I have been wondering that since the transfer to the new server host, if the spawning rates and activation range of mobs in survival could be changed back to default?
I am asking this because I think I have found a slime chunk, as there was a slime at the bottom of my water temple and I would like to determine the actual chunk, but due to the reduced spawning The waiting time for one to spawn is ridiculously long.

If this was already fixed in the server transfer, please let me know.
Some people never go crazy, what terrible lives they must lead.
Posted Apr 25, 16
RSA Credits:
+100
Upvoted!
LEVEL 1
I would like to know as well. With regards to spawning rates. Im trying to build a slime farm but its near impossible to find a chunk with the low spawn rates.
Posted Apr 27, 16
NoticeNotices